Banner

Banner
Welcome

Saturday, July 20, 2013

New Pillowcase Dresses, featuring Bow Sashes

I'm back to sewing Pillowcase dresses for the summer.  I love to try some of the new techniques I find in other sewing blogs.  My latest interest has been in making dresses with large Bow Sashes.  I have 5 dresses cut out and two completed, so far.  Every dress has to be unique so I can have the satisfaction of being creative !!

I like the look of contrast fabric bows, so I made a series of large sashes in pastel print colors; then I chose the pillowcases from my stash.  I had 5 cases in King Size that had plenty of material and were nice and slim (no baggy arm openings).  I was able to prepare arm openings for sizes 6-7 so the decorations needed to be a little more "grown up".  Here are the photos of the first two completed dresses: 

   

MyCountryCloset 

 

 

 

PINK GINGHAM DRESS

 

     

BLUE GINGHAM WITH CROCHET POCKET

 

 

 

Watch this Blog for 3 more dresses, coming soon !! 

 I added the 3 dresses in the newest post, with the Applique dresses.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment